The necessity and urgency to define Climate action objectives in SUMPs has increased and became subject to JASPERS advice in several cities and regions.
The webinar was organised in cooperation with the European Commission and aimed at providing methodological and practical guidance and experience with the definition and integration of Climate Change mitigation objectives into the SUMP, the way to address this in the SUMP process, the shift of the type and scope of measures considered in a SUMP, the relevant indicators and the necessary re-iteration in case the quantitative objectives are not met over time.
The objectives of the webinar were to:
- Raise awareness of participants about the importance of planning GHG reduction strategies at local level and learn how to link them with urban transport targets in SUMPs and potential investments based on them;
- Contribute to preparing future urban mobility investment activities aimed at decarbonising urban transport.
- Ensure participants have the necessary information to define the scope for consultancy engagements for Climate related SUMP updates/revisions.
The webinar has seen the participation of around 280 200 transport planning practitioners and decision makers at local and governmental level throughout Europe, the Western Balkans and beyond.
Through the various sessions the webinar has provided participants with:
- information on activities, funding tools and initiatives at EU level,
- methodological guidance in defining and monitoring climate change mitigation objectives in sustainable urban mobility planning,
- overview of the way urban mobility is addressed in local climate strategies,
- experience from a number of cities and regions with actual approaches in integrating climate change mitigation objectives into SUMPs and the impact of measures defined on that basis and
- information on the importance of a solid strategic basis for urban mobility projects financed by the EIB.
A BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE WEBINAR IS UNDER PREPARATION AND WILL SOON BE AVAILABLE ON THIS PAGE.